Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This whole keeping up with the blogger thing is a bit difficult when life screams by at an unworldly pace. Work definitely has attributed to the lack of free time. We've been so busy that even though I've been trying to take some time off (I have to use it or lose it by the end of the month), I still get called constantly for new projects or changes to projects once thought completed. Like last Wednesday, I worked in the morning because there were a few last minute pieces to work on to get finished before going to the printer, but I was supposed to be off work at 11:15 am. Instead, I was called that morning to put some new pages into these handbooks (the ones I was trying to package up to send to the printer) and that it was NON-NEGOTIABLE and that we HAD to get these new pages into these handbooks. Never mind that there were 14 handbooks, each having anywhere from 80-190 pages in them, and adding new pages in the middle of the book drastically affected the page count and the table of contents. Needless to say, my half-day turned into a full 13 hour day. Ugh. I'm still trying to catch up from that!

But last weekend, Hubs and I were able to work a little on the camper. We settled with the insurance (actually they told us how it was going to be), so we needed to get the roof items fixed before we got even more rain and it flooded our camper, causing even more issues. So we rushed out to several RV supply stores and grabbed some covers we thought would work. Wrong! Had to go back a few times before finally getting all the pieces we needed:

Vent covers

Patch for the Airconditioner

Cover for the fridge unit
Light covers
Then had to tear out and re caulk the seal on the top and rear of the roof.
So that turned into a full day's work too. But that's alright. We were able to fix all the covers and even took a few minutes at one RV place to dream about a future camper. :) Pics coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment