Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I've been reading this devotional every day. Well, trying to read it every day. And I've been able to keep up with it for the most part since I started January 1st. The past week I've been crazy busy and I let my schedule dictate my time, rather than taking a few moments before I started my day to sit and meditate with God. This book has been really convicting to me, especially lately.
I've gotten behind the past couple days and now I'm thinking that that has been God's Plan all along. This is how He has been teaching me... He let's me struggle and ask "why", then He lays it all out in this devo that I should've read back on that day, but instead am reading today. Maybe it's because I wouldn't have listened in that moment if I had read it when I should. Maybe it's because I needed to struggle through it before I would really understand by reading it. Maybe it's His way of teaching me that I need to slow down in my life and learn more about leaning on Him to plan my path.
Here's a little of what I caught up on this morning before work:

"Thankfulness is a safeguard against sin. Gratitude enables you to see Me shining on all your circumstances."

"Waiting on Me means directing your attention to Me in hopeful anticipation of what I will do. It entails trusting Me with every fiber of your being, instead of trying to figure things out yourself."

"Be still in My presence, even though countless tasks clamor for your attention. Nothing is as important as spending time with Me."

"Accept the limitations of living one day at a time. When something comes to your attention, ask Me whether or not it is part of today's agenda. If it isn't, release it into My care and go on about today's duties. When you follow this practice, there will be a beautiful simplicity about your life: a time for everything and everything in its time."
 

And my favorite right now:
"When you are weary and everything seems to be going wrong, you can still utter these four words: I trust you Jesus."

1 comment:

  1. "When you are weary and everything seems to be going wrong, you can still utter these four words: I trust you Jesus."

    that. is. beautiful.
    wow. I needed this tonight!! Love you. God is so gracious. so good.

    ReplyDelete