Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lettuce makes an entrance

Our garden is growing.
Day by day it is growing bigger and better
and it brings joy to my little ol' heart. :)

See the peppers...
And the tomatoes are starting to fill out...
Look! Cherry tomatoes!
Hubs will soon be able to gobble them up.
(I don't like tomatoes. Actually I'm a little allergic to them...
too acidic. But that's not a big deal. I love catchup!)
The corn continues to show improvement.
The saying is that it needs to be "knee high by July".
Think it'll get there? Maybe. :)
And the squash is bloomin now!
I think it really has enjoyed all the rain we've been getting.

AND......

Drum roll please!!
The extreme joy of my heart
sings out a song to the heavens!

We have a bunch of little lettuce bundles starting up now!
Just look at the growth, the leaves digging themselves out of the earth!

I was about to give up completely on them and now look... amazing!
I am terribly impatient.
Thankfully though, God doesn't make me wait too long. :)

I can't wait to have a fresh salad made of everything from our garden.
God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment