Friday, June 19, 2009

Unexpected Guests

We have some very unexpected guests this morning. And I'm not talking about the run of the mill door-to-door salesmen, or the little dirt flies that have ruled my indoor plants for the past couple months, or the pigeons cooing up a mess in our rafters.

I opened the front door this morning to find thousands of ants - the trailing and the flying kind - all up on my porch, hanging out next to the house, coming in the front door, and randomly in my windowsills and walking around on my carpet.--------------------------------------------
Side Note:
I was doing a little research on the little buggers and this was my favorite way to "kill ants without pesticides":

Finger Method

  1. Place finger over ant.
  2. Push finger firmly on ant.
  3. Twist and roll finger so the carcass will stick to said finger.
  4. Repeat if necessary.
  5. Wash Hands as ants are dirty.
Haha. Funny.

And Remember when we used to do this as kids?:

Magifying Glass Method

  1. You will need a Magifying glass, any kind will do.
  2. Will need the sun to be out.
  3. Place Magifying glass at an angle between sun and ant.
  4. Aim the spot of light created by magnifier to be on top of the ant.
  5. Watch the ant fry in seconds, repeat for hours of fun.
Good times. :)

------------------------------------

After an hour of hunting them down (I hate hate HATE the flying ones!), I think I've won. Or at least they have gone back down to whence they had come.

But beware little creatures! I am watching out for you and next time, borax will be on the menu!!



I hate ants!



No comments:

Post a Comment