Sunday, December 13, 2009

In Service...

We worked at the Operation Christmas Child warehouse again this year. I had been looking forward to it since my last visit last year and had had it on my calendar since this past January! I love the time spent with family and friends, and it just feels good to not only get out and DO something, but to do something good for others at the same time. I need more of these adventures in my life!


OCC has a warehouse in Denver where they need volunteers to come each Nov-Dec to go through packages to remove certain restricted items and to sort the donated boxes by ages.


These boxes will then be shipped out to areas of the world and be delivered to children in time for Christmas.



Not only will these children receive gifts of toys, shoes, and toothbrushes, but they will also receive the Word of God and be told that they are loved by the people who sent these gifts to them.



And it's nice to know that we can be a little part of this HUGE opportunity! Maybe someday we'll be able to be part of the delivery aspect and be able to watch the receiving kids as they open their gifts and express their abundant joy!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment