Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 - A New Year

Happy New Year! It's something that's said all the time, but "I cannot believe it's already January!!!!"

This baby is being stubborn and is still content hanging out in mommy's tummy. It is now a week 'overdue' and I am getting very anxious to meet the little one! But I guess it wants to add another January birthday to the family calendar, which I guess isn't terrible. That'll give me some more time to plan parties and such after the craziness of the holidays. And who doesn't love the great after Christmas sales to shop do presents?! :) (trying to think positively while in reality I'm dying for this kiddo to hurry up and be in my arms!) Lol!

Moving on...

I'm not a huge fan of resolutions. It's just a list of mostly unattainable items that we forget about or stress ourselves out over and give up on within a few months time. And who wants to be disappointed so early in the year? Ha! I'm kidding...mostly. However, I do believe in creating a list of desires, of things that you'd like to see happen...okay, so you could call them resolutions if you had to...that you write down and then forget about. Hide the list somewhere where you won't 'find' it until the end of the year - like a devotional book, the December pages of your day planner, your blog (wink wink), etc. Then near the end of the year, take a look at the list and see if your priorities, interests or desires have changed, or if you've accomplished some of the items you wrote down or wished for, or if God has led you a completely different direction than what you thought at the beginning of the year.

The goal of this is not to criticize yourself or be disappointed in what did or didn't happen, but to reflect on your life, the past year, and to keep an open mind of what The Lord may have for your life and the next year.

Some of mine?
- to stress less on the messes of my house and enjoy the craziness of my kiddos. They grow up way too fast and I want to enjoy getting on the floor and playing with them, taking in the milestones and little quirks, and teaching them about life and the importance of having a relationship with our Savior!
- spend more time on me and my projects and needs. As moms we give up so much of ourselves for our families and forget to take 'me time'. I want to be healthy, get back in shape after this pregnancy, have a few moments of rejuvenation after a long day or week with the kiddos and get my craftiness on. :)
- get a handle on our budget. It's been a challenge to budget properly under one income and I've gotta work harder on decreasing our costs and increasing our savings from my side of things. Hubs does an amazing job with his 'portion', but I need to do my part and add to our savings from my budget allotment as well
- I need to work harder on keeping up my design and photography skills. I've had the blessing of gaining some design contracts in 2013 and the hope is that at least one of them is continuing into this year. It'll be fun to see what The Lord brings for my business in 2014
- potty train Munchie! Get that kiddo out of diapers! Lol. I actually think we would be trained by now if we had been taking it seriously, but I didn't want to go through all that and then have her revert once the new baby arrives. I've heard that's harder to retrain than to just wait a bit longer.
- here's one that I'm hoping to accomplish, but I am not going to let myself get too disappointed if I don't accomplish it - spend time in God's Word and read My Utmost for His Highest (which was a gift from our Sunday School teacher)

Well, there are more, but I'll stop there. Happy New Year! May this year be the best one yet!

Oh, and baby...please come soon! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment